Friday 9 April 2010

Acta Est Fabula, Finger


It may surprise you, but Brisbane musical institution Powderfinger have called it a day.

Although not my favourite band in the universe, they’ve been the flag bearers of Brisbane music for longer than I care to remember. Apparently this will be announced today on their website, but its racing around the twittersphere like Amy Winehouse on methamphetamine.

I’d like to thank you for inspiring one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Back in highschool my friend chose your song ‘Return of the Electric Horsemen’ to perform a off-key serenade to some girl he liked.

Fortunately for me, I happened to be in the room when this event took place (which was strange enough). Now I have the privilege of being able to bring this incident up at the most inappropriate moments, of which I’ve indulged in on at least five different occasions. Oh, and the girl didn’t buy it, unfortunately for Steve.

Well, toodles ‘Finger. I only really liked “Internationalist”, “Double Allergic” was not too bad, but apart from that, it was all pretty pedestrian to be honest. A host of other people liked your music and you made a bunch of money but I think you failed to build on the direction “Internationalist” may have pointed you towards.

No comments: