Thursday 1 October 2009

So What Will Be The Best Records of 2009??


Well, we enter the final quarter of the year, and come the end of December many people will be back into listmaking mode, and I'm no exception.

To be honest, I haven't listened to a heap of '2009' records this year. As usual I'm still stuck several years back. There are a few that I really like, but I thought I'd ask YOU what ones I'm missing out on. So please comment and suggest any records that have been released thus far that you think have been outstanding. It would be great to see some Australian or Brisbane suggestions.

I have set up a poll on the sidebar to the left and will attempt to add some of your suggestions, should you have any.

For me, I'm undecided yet, but I'm inclined towards the debut record by The Pains of Being Pure at Heart.

7 comments:

Andy said...

Where is the Arctic Monkeys album, Mr Murray? That would be my pick at this stage. Will have more of a think about other options though...

Darragh said...

Ahh, thats because I haven't heard the ablum! :) I'll add it to the list.

David Kelso said...

I haven't had internet for two months, and I was travelling for a month before that, so I'm kind of behind on my listening, but my fave of this year so far is probably friendly fires.

Darragh said...

Ahh yes, Friendly Fires - I forgot about that one. I'll add it to the stack.

Heapsawill said...

I'm holding off until i hear Massive Attack's new one, need to give Air a few more goes too...

Anonymous said...

Propagandhi - Supporting Caste
The Quickening - White Blossoms
Pains of Being Pure at Heart -Self Titled
Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career
Japandroids - Post Nothing

In no particular order.

Darragh said...

Some nice choices there anonymous