Thursday 22 July 2010

Guided By Voices Announce US Renion Tour


I know, I know. This isn't a Brisbane related post, but I felt compelled to announce the Guided By Voices reunion tour. Considering this blog is named after a lyric in 'Tractor Rape Chain' from Bee Thousand, it is relevant enough. Skeptics often liken attending reunion tours to sleeping with your ex-girlfriend, but I cannot deny that I would be excited by the prospect of the band coming to Australia, though it would seem highly unlikely at this stage.

Bee Thousand and Alien Lanes are two records which summarise everything I love about pop songs. If you haven't listened to them, I suggest doing so or alternatively punching yourself in the face.

Here are a few youtube clips of some classics. 'I am a Scientist' from Bee Thousand, 'Game of Pricks' (probably my favourite song of all time) and 'My Valuable Hunting Knife' (this version is slower than the album version for some reason and recorded in a slicker fashion, but not as good). Keep in mind that none of these clips do justice to the album versions.







No comments: