Tuesday 26 May 2009

Glastonbury 2009. Wow.


Yes, this is not the post I was talking about yesterday. That will come later today. Just a quick word on Glastonbury 2009.

I was lucky enough to go to the Glastonbury festival last year. Twas great. Had the Three 'Gs': Good company, goon and great weather. The lineup was pretty good as well.

However, I was looking at this year's lineup, and I must say, its pretty damn good. Arguably better than last years and certainley would be even more appealing for me.

Unfortunately, I now live on the other side of the world, and have little chance of making the commute.

If I was going, here's who I would be seeing (ignoring time constraints, sleep and band clashes)

Pyramid Stage:
Neil Young
Fleet Foxes
The Specials
Regina Spektor
Bruce Springsteen
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Blur
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Madness
Tom Jones

Other Stage
Ting Tings
The View
The Friendly Fires
Pendulum
Maximo Park
Peter, Bjorn & John
The Prodigy
Bon Iver
Bat for Lashes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Art Brut

Jazz World
Lamb
Rolf Harris (!)

John Peel Stage
Doves
Jack Penate
Jarvis Cocker
Passion Pit
Echo & The Bunnymen
Emmy the Great

Acoustic
Ray Davies(!)
Tindersticks
Lisa Hannigan

Any of the Dance Stages
Peaches
Calvin Harris

The Park
Animal Collective
The Horrors
Noah and the Whale

Avalon
British Sea Power
Badly Drawn Boy

Woah, that would be one intense festival!

No comments: