Wednesday 6 January 2010

Sunset Sounds Is Upon Us!


Well, I’m about to head to day one of Sunset Sounds, the Brisbane version of the “Falls Festival” without the camping nor, apparently, the bogans (though this remains to be seen).

Some interesting local and international acts are playing. From the Australian contingent, I will hoping to catch the Middle East, Dappled Cities, The John Steel Singers, Hungry Kids of Hungary, and Oh Mercy. Of the international acts, I’ll have a gander at Datarock, Jamie T, Kaki King, Seasick Steve, Moby, Andrew Bird, Editors, Grizzly Bear and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

I’m particularly looking forward to the Grizzly Bear set, apparently their Falls appearance was excellence. Andrew Bird will also keenly anticipated. Moby, while I’m not his biggest fan, apparently puts on a great live show.

If you’re there, have a great time. Keep an eye out for my thoughts in the next week or so.

No comments: