Tuesday 24 February 2009

New song out from Phoenix!


Well, it is no big secret that the new Phoenix album, entitled ‘Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix’, will be released to the world on May 25th, 2009 – the date has been splashed across their official website for quite some time now. I don’t know about you, but I’m eagerly awaiting the day when I can get my grubby little paws upon it (90 days to go!)

At the moment, you can download a new tune entitled ‘1901’, a song presumably off the new album, from their official website. It’s a catchy little ditty, much like all their great songs, but, stylistically, there is a noticeable difference from the songs off their last long player, the great 2006 release ‘It’s Never Been Like That’.

Do I detect a bit more synth? Most of the songs off the last album were ‘guitar songs’, with little reliance on keys or other effects. I detect a different sense of direction going by this new tune. Don’t get me wrong, it is definitely not bad, in fact, it is actually quite good.

Anyway, indulge yourself in a download and have a listen and let me know if I’m completely off the map.

No comments: