Saturday 14 February 2009

Meanderings


Hey there. Well, I’ve made it back home in earnest, and lazily settling back into Brisbane life, hanging out with old friends, and generally trying to get my usually hectic life back into some kind of normality. I hope to get involved in ‘the scene’ again at some stage, and go check out some quality local bands (actually, I got to see the great ‘Mexico City’ just last weekend, and was pleasantly entertained).

I’m a bit stuck for subjects to write about but I guess I’ll mention a great song that I have been listening to on loop. It’s Elvis Costello’s “Two Little Hitlers” from his seminal 1979 release “Armed Forces”. It’s a great little ditty of a number with a stellar chorus melody. Gotta love those hooky little melodies, right?

In other news, I head to the ‘Golden Plains’ festival in fire-torn Victoria in about two weeks with a few friends, and I’m looking forward to having a great time. ‘Of Montreal’ are playing and I’m extremely excited about seeing them (I might even try make it to their Brisbane gig which is a few days before). I caught them in London for the first time a few months back, and good lord, it was a crazy gig.

The second part of the Golden Plains lineup is due to be imminently released. Lets hope its as good as the first.

No comments: