Tuesday 7 December 2010

New Future of the Left Demos


If you don't like Future of the Left, leave immediately. I'm serious. The alternative rock/punk band that will perpetually live with the label 'that which was mclusky' are on the cusp of releasing a new record (sometime in the new year) and they're about to head to Australia to play a run of shows with their new line-up, which includes Julia Ruzicka on bass (who replaces the most awesome Kelson Mathias - Julia is also Australian) and a new guitarist, Jimmy Watkins.

I'm excited to say that they've released a few early demos for our appreciation, and the early signs are grand indeed. You can have a listen to them by clicking here. 'I am the Least of Your Problems' is particularly abrasive and completely awesome. The rest of the tracks are promising as well.

I was fortunate to talk to Falco a few weeks back for Rave Magazine and he was a super good bloke. The interview will appear in that publication sometime soon (i.e. when I get round to actually writing it up, tomorrow I swear). They play the Zoo on January 3 and I guarantee it will be brutal (having been to past FoTL & Mclusky shows).

Here's a classic live 'cover' of Mclusky classic Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues to get you in the mood.

No comments: