Sunday 25 April 2010

The Stress of Leisure


Local group The Stress of Leisure sent me an email the other day talking about a few gigs they had coming up in May. I'd never heard of them before, but I took a few moments out of my daily grind to have a quick mosey about their website. Promoting themselves as the bastard child of the Go Betweens and Pavement, the sound is reminiscent of many of those early 90s Australian alternative rock bands that I used to enjoy listening to so much. I don't mind it at all.



They have a song available from their website that I've linked through below, that you may enjoy. They've also have a few videos on their youtube channel. Otherwise, catch them performing a free gig at the Powerhouse on May 23rd. They have a new record coming out in June.

The Stress of Leisure - Calm It Down

Yeehaw.

No comments: