Monday 24 November 2008

Why, hello there!

Like about a billion others have done, I'm going to put up some bits and peices, opinions, and so forth, on modern music appreciation. I guess I have I consider a somewhat eclectic taste in music, and generally appreciate anything with a good melody. I'm not the biggest fan of modern pop music, at least of the top 40 variety, but .

I'd like to talk about songs and albums I like and the reasons why I like them. I'm not going to generally talk about what other people should or should not like. I'm also going to attempt to stay away from the pseudo-intellectual bullshit that places like Pitchfork serves up. I'm probably not going to concentrate on songs I don't like. It seems a waste of energy to expunge large sentences of vitriol on these kind of tunes. 



In case you're wondering, the title of the blog is lifted from some lyrics, specifically from the song "Tractor Rape Chain" by Guided by Voices, off their "Bee Thousand" record. I'm a pretty big fan of this record and probably will go on and on about how good it is ad nauseum. Apologies in advance..

This is not much of a introductory post, but it will do for the time being. I'm also going to add a few older posts from my other blog concerning music....which now have been added hence the backdated posts

No comments: